[TAS] Earthen Miraculous Sword (v1.01a) - Absurdly Extra - Perfect (NMNBNFBFS) - Kuroji
Out of boredom, I decided to find out how much of EMS AbEx was doable without bombing or using flashbombs. Turns out, the answer is all of them.
I've made a counter to count the number of savestates I made up to that point in the run, as well as the slowdown I was using for that segment of the run. (60fps doesn't exactly always mean 60fps though, because my VM sucks and lags sometimes. But the rest should be accurate.)
This run was done with Cheat Engine 6.8.1 to create slowdown in the game, as well as VMWare Workstation Pro 14 (Windows 10 x64 VM) for the snapshot capabilities allowing me to reload if I make mistakes. This run took about 7 hours to make.
Now that I've done my first TAS, maybe you can expect more? Hmm...
Also, fun fact: the screen where you input a name for your replay seems to be broken on my TAS and advances like 1 frame every 10 seconds, which is why I don't have a proper name for the replay (I just wanted to get out of that screen asap).
If you think I'm a scrub and want to see a legit EMS AbEx clear, I also have one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BFSJ...
Couple of small comments about the run:
- Rookie mistake near the first savestate, but I didn't have to reload because I got lucky.
- I slow down some attacks to 30fps even though they're doable at full speed, purely because resetting takes like 1 minute using a VM. Examples include Lumen's first and third spells, and Saragimaru's 3rd spell. I also slow down the pairs of fairies (even though this isn't necessary for the first 8 pairs) because there's a particular precise location that kills both of them without you having to move, and it made positioning easier.
- At the same horizontal position I mentioned above, you can kill both fairies from the 10th pair (near the end of the stage, around the 10th savestate) before either of them fire, but I wasn't able to get it this time due to the bubbles being there.
- You can see how fast I burn through savestates on Saragimaru's 5th spell. Even on 6fps, it's not easy, and there's a lot of dodging within overlapping bubble sprites and whatnot that make it hard to even find where you are.
- I don't use the safespot on Saragimaru's 7th spell because you can't see your own sprite, and therefore circling after the laser despawns is not realistically doable. Who cares what speed the game's running at if you can't even see your sprite?
- Also on Saragimaru's 7th spell, it's probably a better idea to circle, but I wanted to maximize damage by dodging through the bullet wall instead. In hindsight, it wasn't a very wise decision, since I still had to circle once after dodging through it anyway, and it didn't make a big difference.